Top 10 Things to Do If You’re In a Wreck
1. Keep the accident from getting worse. Stay calm. Turn on four-way flashers. DO NOT leave the scene of the accident.
5. Take photos to document the scene, using your cell phone if you have a built-in camera feature. Take as many photos as you need, but be sure to capture any visible skid marks and take close-up shots of any and all property damage.
6. See your doctor if you are injured. Serious injuries do not always result in immediate pain and can develop over time. Do not wait if you have symptoms.
7. Notify your own insurance company, and open a medical claim if you are injured.
8. Protect your rights, contact an attorney. Call Ken Guin at 205-282-4248 (direct office number) or 205-435-2369 (cell) if you are injured in the accident due to someone else’s negligence.
9. DO NOT give a recorded or written statement to a representative of the other party’s insurance company without first consulting with an attorney.
10. DO NOT accept a settlement or sign anything from the other party’s insurance company without first consulting with an attorney.